Experience the joy of home baking with our simple and delightful Milk and Butter Brioche—a recipe that combines the richness of milk, the sweetness of sugar, and the indulgence of butter to create a soft and flavorful bread. With the addition of dry yeast for that perfect rise and a touch of egg for a golden finish, this brioche is a versatile treat that can be enjoyed as a standalone delight or as the foundation for sandwiches and French toast. Gather your ingredients, and let’s embark on a journey of baking bliss!
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- In a bowl, combine warm milk and dry yeast. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast activates and creates a frothy mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar and flour. Mix well.
- Gradually add the yeast mixture to the flour, stirring continuously.
- Add softened butter to the mixture. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. You can use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment for this step.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release the air.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, beat the egg.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into balls. Place the balls in a greased baking pan, allowing some space between each.
- Brush the tops of the dough balls with the beaten egg for a golden finish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the brioche is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Allow the Milk and Butter Brioche to cool slightly before serving.
- Slice, savor, and enjoy the homemade goodness of this soft and flavorful bread!