Embark on a delightful culinary journey with this classic Swiss Roll Cake. Known for its light and fluffy texture, this rolled sponge cake is a canvas for endless flavor possibilities. Perfect for any occasion, the Swiss Roll Cake is a charming treat that combines simplicity with elegance.
Why We Love This Recipe:
The Swiss Roll Cake captivates us with its versatility. From the tender sponge to the sweet filling, each bite is a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. Whether enjoyed with a cup of tea or presented as a show-stopping dessert, this cake effortlessly balances sophistication and simplicity.
- 3 large eggs
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 120g sugar
- 140g flour
- 5g baking powder
- 5ml vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Butter (for greasing the pan)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a baking pan with butter to prevent sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until they are well combined.
- Add sunflower oil to the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Incorporate sugar into the mixture and continue to beat until it becomes creamy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt into the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add vanilla extract to the batter and stir until the aroma is evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, allow the cake to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can dust the cake with powdered sugar or frost it as desired.
- Experiment with different fillings such as fruit preserves, chocolate ganache, or cream cheese frosting.
- Ensure the sponge is cooled completely before adding the filling to prevent melting.
Can I make the sponge in advance?
Yes, you can bake the sponge ahead of time and store it wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to assemble.
How do I prevent cracks in the Swiss Roll?
Roll the sponge while it’s still warm, and use the kitchen towel to guide the initial roll. This helps prevent cracks.
Elevate your dessert experience with the Swiss Roll Cake—a delightful creation that combines simplicity, elegance, and a world of flavor possibilities. Share this enchanting treat with friends and family, and savor the joy it brings to any occasion.