Experience a burst of citrusy freshness with our 7 Up Pound Cake recipe – a delightful twist on the classic pound cake that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. Made with the unexpected addition of 7 Up soda, this moist and tender cake boasts a subtle zing that sets it apart from the rest. Whether you’re craving a sweet treat for yourself or looking to impress guests at your next gathering, this 7 Up Pound Cake is a surefire crowd-pleaser.
Why We Love This Recipe:
✔️ Unexpected Flavor: The addition of 7 Up soda adds a refreshing citrus twist to the classic pound cake. ✔️ Moist and Tender: This cake is perfectly moist and tender, with a delicate crumb that melts in your mouth. ✔️ Simple and Delicious: With just a few basic ingredients, you can whip up a dessert that’s both impressive and easy to make.
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 7 Up soda
- Optional: powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the 7 Up soda, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar, if desired.
- For a more intense citrus flavor, you can add a tablespoon of lemon zest to the batter.
- Serve slices of 7 Up Pound Cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
Q: Can I use a different type of soda instead of 7 Up?
A: Yes, you can experiment with different sodas to create variations of this recipe. Try using Sprite or ginger ale for a different flavor profile.
Q: How should I store the leftovers of this cake?
A: Store any leftover cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for longer storage.