Start your day on a delicious note with our Banana French Toast – a comforting breakfast option that combines the timeless appeal of French toast with the natural sweetness of ripe bananas. This indulgent dish is perfect for leisurely weekend mornings or any time you want to treat yourself to a cozy breakfast experience. With its golden-brown exterior, soft custardy interior, and subtle hints of banana flavor, our Banana French Toast is sure to become a new breakfast favorite.
Why We Love This Recipe:
✔️ Rich and Flavorful: Enjoy the indulgent combination of custardy French toast with the sweet aroma of ripe bananas. ✔️ Easy to Make: Whip up this breakfast treat in minutes, using simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. ✔️ Versatile: Customize your French toast with your favorite toppings, from fresh fruit and whipped cream to maple syrup and chopped nuts.
- 4 thick slices of bread (such as brioche or challah)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter or cooking spray, for cooking
- Optional toppings: Sliced bananas, maple syrup, powdered sugar, chopped nuts, whipped cream
- Prepare the Banana Batter:
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon to the mashed bananas. Whisk together until well combined.
- Dip and Coat the Bread:
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Dip each slice of bread into the banana batter, allowing it to soak for a few seconds on each side. Ensure the bread is evenly coated with the batter.
- Cook the French Toast:
- Place the coated bread slices in the preheated skillet or griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat the process with the remaining slices of bread, adding more butter or cooking spray to the skillet or griddle as needed.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Transfer the cooked Banana French Toast to serving plates.
- Serve warm with your choice of toppings, such as sliced bananas, maple syrup, powdered sugar, chopped nuts, or whipped cream.
- Enjoy the delicious flavors of this comforting breakfast dish with family and friends!
- For best results, use thick slices of bread that can absorb the banana batter without becoming too soggy.
- Customize your Banana French Toast with your favorite toppings to suit your taste preferences and make it your own.