Elevate your comfort food game with Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, a classic side dish that’s creamy, savory, and utterly satisfying. Layers of thinly sliced potatoes bathed in a velvety cheese sauce create a dish that’s not just a side but a star on its own. Whether served at family gatherings or weeknight dinners, these Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are sure to steal the spotlight.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 4 cups Russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour to create a roux, cooking for 1-2 minutes until it becomes a light golden color.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture thickens, usually 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the shredded cheddar and Gruyere or Swiss cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season the cheese sauce with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Place a layer of thinly sliced potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour a portion of the cheese sauce over the potatoes, ensuring they are well-coated.
- Repeat the layering process until you’ve used all the potatoes and cheese sauce, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the top is golden and the potatoes are tender.
- Allow the Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes to cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Craving more culinary delights? Click on the links below to explore additional tempting recipes that will surely tickle your taste buds:
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Milk Brioche
- Lizzy cake
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Shrimp in a garlic Alfredo Sauce with Fettuccine
- Fresh Blueberry Cheesecake with Homemade Crust
- Classic Butter Cookies
- Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Bites
- Best Scalloped Potatoes
- Chocolate Chip Doughnuts
- Lazy Day Oatmeal Cake
Join our community on social media!
Enjoyed this delicious recipe? Share the love with your friends and family by clicking the share button below. Good food is meant to be shared, and your culinary discoveries can brighten someone else’s day!