Embark on a journey to the heart of comfort with Pioneer Woman’s Apple Dumplings. This beloved recipe combines the sweetness of baked apples with a flaky, buttery crust, all bathed in cinnamon and sugar syrup. As delightful to make as they are to devour, these dumplings capture the essence of home-baked goodness that will have you coming back for seconds.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 cans (8 count each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (12 oz) Mountain Dew or lemon-lime soda
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Cut each peeled and cored apple into 8 wedges.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and wrap each apple wedge in a crescent roll triangle. Place the wrapped apples in the prepared baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract, creating a syrup.
- Pour the syrup over the apple-filled crescent rolls in the baking dish.
- Pour the can of Mountain Dew or lemon-lime soda around the edges of the baking dish, not over the dumplings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the dumplings are golden brown and the syrup has thickened.
- Allow the dumplings to cool slightly before serving.
Craving more culinary delights? Click on the links below to explore additional tempting recipes that will surely tickle your taste buds:
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Milk Brioche
- Lizzy cake
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Shrimp in a garlic Alfredo Sauce with Fettuccine
- Fresh Blueberry Cheesecake with Homemade Crust
- Classic Butter Cookies
- Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Bites
- Best Scalloped Potatoes
- Chocolate Chip Doughnuts
- Lazy Day Oatmeal Cake
Join our community on social media!
Enjoyed this delicious recipe? Share the love with your friends and family by clicking the share button below. Good food is meant to be shared, and your culinary discoveries can brighten someone else’s day!